How do I care for my Gear Club kit?
Your Gear Club kit features high quality fabrics and components. It’s designed to last long. However, there are a couple of simple things you can do to look after your clothing.
- Washing a garment means putting stress on fabric and seams! Therefore, wash cycling garments separately from other clothes/accessories to prevent friction.
- Before washing, turn the garments inside out (seams on the outside).
- Machine-wash is possible but always good to use a wash bag, a delicate cycle and lukewarm water (max. 30° C).
- Do not use bleachers and/or softeners. Use a well known brand name of mild liquid detergent.
- Do not soak, wring or rub. Do not spin after washing. To remove excess water from your garment gently squeeze by hand.
- Dry garments flat or hanging. Do not tumble dry.
- After each ride, hang the garments in a well-ventilated environment or wash them immediately.
- Do not hang the garments in the direct sunlight.
- Never store damp clothes in a non-ventilated environment (e.g. car, plastic bags, sport bag, suitcase, etc.).
- If your body has a tendency to sweat a lot, water-rinse the garments after each use to protect the fibers from bacterial attacks which might lead to fabric deterioration.